Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Life in the mountains

This past weekend, I was making dinner when I heard a bear banger go off in the woods behind the house. I didn't think much of it until later that night when I had to let the dog out.

Our yard is not fenced in, so I have to take Oscar out on a leash. The second we stepped out the door, Oscar started growling. The fur along his back stood up in a ridge and he was obviously staring at something in the yard.

My heart started pounding. I was a bit scared that there was a coyote, a bear or a cougar in the yard. It was dark at first, and it took some time for my eyes to adjust.

Oscar was growling at a lawn chair that I'd left out earlier in the day.

Living in a mountain town has its disadvantages sometimes. I can't plant berries or have a bird feeder in the yard, for example. We can't leave our garbage outside, and this spring, two dogs who were off leash were attacked by a cougar.

Small trade off for a day like this:


Winter is coming...

1 comment:

  1. you have a lovely blog!!
    follow?
    http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/
    kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete