Monday, January 6, 2014

Better late than never...

Is it too late to post a look back at 2013?

2013 was the year that we said goodbye to our 13 year old Weimaraner, Baron.  He is missed.
 
Baron at Wreck Beach in Vancouver
2013 was also the year that much of our city and the surrounding areas ended up under water.  I guess we were lucky; we only had water in our basement.  As far as I can tell we didn't lose anything irreplaceable, although every once in a while I will be looking for something and then realize that it was in the basement and must have been thrown out (ie my mom's 40-year old German knitting needles).

We travelled.  New York City, Switzerland, Milan, Squamish, Whistler, Vancouver and Portland.

Yoga at the Wanderlust festival in Whistler
We saw some amazing concerts: Moby, Rush and the Pet Shop Boys.  I think Moby's acoustic cover of Neil Young's Helpless was one of the best musical moments of my life.  

Moby in the park
We also ate some amazing food.  The highlights included a wonderful meal at Ava Gene's in Portland, and Carino Bistro here in Calgary.  And of course, we finished off 2013 with an amazing New Year's Eve dinner at Vero Bistro featuring Jamon Iberico de Bellota.

Meat candy
This was also the year that I started this blog.  I have not been the most regular poster, but I'm hoping that will change in 2014.

4 comments:

  1. Weimaraners are gorgeous, I love their eyes. Sorry to hear about yours, I'm sure he lived a wonderful happy life though.
    I could totally go for some of that meat candy right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2014 - here's a great new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete