Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dressing for dinner

It's been a long time since I posted an outfit, but I remembered to take a photo before going out for dinner on New Year's Eve (mmm, meat candy).

I'm wearing Anthropologie's Jeweled Dragonfly Dress.  This dress can be worn strapless (as seen on the website) or there are thin fabric straps that you can attach to the dress.  I feel like wearing this dress strapless would be inviting a wardrobe malfunction.

You can check out our reading habits in the background.
Outfit details:
Dress: Floreat's Jeweled Dragonfly Dress, Anthropologie
Blazer: Monk & Lou, Plen+y
Tights: last year, Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West, similar here
Necklace: Barefoot Contessa Boutique, Vancouver

9 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love Barefoot Contessa (and meat candy).
    You should do a post on online clothing shopping for Canadians. The pickings are slim ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss the shops on Main Street... we don't really have a comparable area in Calgary.

    I can try to put together a post on online shopping. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so fantastic on you. I am with you on the strapless thing. The idea of no safety net scares me! I love all of your books. I have read so many of them. The "Mole People" title looks intriguing.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought The Mole People in New York. It's (supposedly) a journalistic piece about people who live in the tunnels under the city. There is some speculation that it's mostly made up. It's a fascinating read either way.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dress on you Liana!! I envy your book collection. I don't read as many books as I would like to, so seeing your abundant collection has inspired me to reach out for more books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayaka! I've been reading lots of books on Kindle lately... more portable, but I do like having lots of real books too.

      Delete
  5. I love a good library! As well, I'm with you about the little fabric straps. They seem inconsequential but they really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dress looks completely different on me without the straps (besides the whole obvious straps vs strapless). The dress actually seems to fit me differently. Highly recommend.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty dress on you - I'm scared of anything strapless, I had a bad falling down top incident during high school at the beach, wah! ;o)

    ReplyDelete