Sunday, January 26, 2014

Online Shopping for Canadians: Part 3

I used to spend a lot of time in Edmonton, and Gravity Pope was one of my favourite shops.  Fortunately, they now also have stores in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto.  I bought the Pumas I'm wearing in this post at Gravity Pope.  They carry fashionable and whimsical shoes, clothing and accessories.

Current picks from the website:

Peter Jensen Brontosaurus sweater
Paul Smith Black dress

Line sweater, currently on sale

Rick Owens Lilies skirt
Frye Paige boots

Pros:
-great customer service.  I ordered a pair of Frye boots once (actually, the Paige boots above) and almost immediately received an email with photos attached.  The customer service rep noticed that the only pair left in my size was the display model in the store and that there was some very slight wear on the sole, so they emailed to doublecheck that I wouldn't mind.
-shipping is via Canada Post, and there is no duty
-huge selection of shoes and clothing
-the clothing tends to be on the pricey side but it is high quality and there are often sales (like now!)

Cons:
-no free shipping unless you spend $300 ($500 for international orders)
-you have to return within 3 days of receipt if you want a refund (14 days for store credit or exchange)
-can't return in store
-the website would greatly benefit from filters

No comments:

Post a Comment