Saturday, February 8, 2014

Plaid and lace

I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day.  I've been with my husband for 10 years now, and there are other days that are more important to us and less commercialized.  We don't usually buy each other gifts, but we'll often go out for dinner.  

And, as Toronto Shopoholic has pointed out, Valentine's Day is a fun reason to dress up.  

Here's my take on Valentine's Day dressing, which I associate with romantic, feminine looks.  I didn't want to look like too much of a cliche though, so I contrasted my lace skirt with a plaid shirt and studded leather boots.

Outfit details:
Shirt: Jacob (similar)
Skirt: Smart Set, very old (similar)
Tights: The Bay, old
Boots: Frye Paige stud boots (similar)
Check out Toronto Shopoholic's #thewaywewear post for other Valentine's Day looks.

What are your plans for Valentine's Day? Do you have an outfit in mind?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit. We don't "do" Valentine's Day here either. I hate how flowers increase by four times their price. That is not love. That's waste. But we do go out to dinner. I love the romantic energy that the restaurant is filled with.

    I am wearing a kind of medieval princess dress in pink for Valentine's Day. My husband will probably hate it! : ).

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenni. I'm intrigued by your dress. I hope you'll post photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The red and lace is kind of a nod to V-Day but no one would look at you and think you were theme dressing or anything, they'd just think what a cool outfit you've got on!

    ReplyDelete