Monday, March 3, 2014

Black dots and leopard spots

One of the reasons why I read style blogs is to become inspired.  Animal prints have been a big trend for a few years now, but I've never bought anything leopard spotted or zebra striped.  It may have something to do with my mom telling me years ago not to wear brown (a rule which I break regularly now).  Recently, though, I've caught myself eyeing a pair of leopard pumps.  And, I actually bought this skirt.

Leopard spots... in green and black.  No brown here...

I love the buttons on the back of this sweater
Are there any trends that you've been inspired to try by reading other blogs?

Outfit details:
Sweater: Anthropologie Dot Lace Pullover (also in burgundy)
Skirt: Banana Republic (similar)
Tights: Target
Shoes: Nine West wedges (similar)
Necklace: Anthropologie, old

5 comments:

  1. I had that top in my wishlist for song, but I did not know how to style it, so I never got it. I love how you styled it here. It is the perfect combo. I am terrified of animal prints. I really like your green version. And that necklace?! Love!

    I am always inspired by fashion blogs. Molly from Anthromollogies recently posted a pink, teal and mustard outfit. And my soul is screaming for those color combos! I want to recreate them so badly!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got the dot lace pullover. It looks good with jeans and skirts. I think I might be able to pull off wearing it backwards. Maybe I'm nuts.

      I saw your mustard vest on the blog a few days ago. Pink, teal and mustard sounds very brave to me!

      Delete
  2. I've spent most of my life rebelling against my mom, so any rules about dressing she might have told me have gone completely out the window. :P That skirt is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hate to admit it but my mom has usually been right about things in the past.

      Delete
  3. I love this polka dot top, very nice!

    ReplyDelete