Thursday, April 24, 2014

Something blue

I'm finally getting around to posting an outfit with the Ruched Pencil Skirt that I bought a few weeks ago.

It's still winter here, so I'm continuing to rock the tights, boots and cardigan.  (Actually, who am I kidding.  I'm always cold, and if I could wear thick woollen tights year round I probably would.)


And here's what the outfit looks like without the cardigan.  I highly recommend this shirt.  It's made of silk, and it is loose and drapey but not boxy.  It looks nice untucked with jeans as well.  I just have to watch what I eat when I wear it because knowing my luck, I'll probably end up dropping a spaghetti sauce-soaked meatball right on the middle of it.  (Korean food is also out... Kimchi ends up staining really badly!)

Outfit details:
Cardigan: Banana Republic (similar)
Shirt: Banana Republic (similar)
Skirt: Ruched Pencil Skirt, Anthropologie
Tights: Target
Boots: Frye Paige Stud (similar)

10 comments:

  1. I love the colour of that skirt, it's gorgeous! Also with you on wearing white and eating...I'm a magnet for stains. I should just wear a full-body bib when I eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue is my favourite colour. Glad to see I'm not the only person who regularly puts food in my mouth only to have it fall right back out.

      Delete
  2. I love this skirt! I have three skirts in that exact color and two of them are short. One of them is a maxi. I never know what to pair with them. I love the shirt you wore. That white is so pretty! I am always staining my clothes. Add in dogs and kids. And it is a constant battle here..

    That color is gorgeous on you. I love the ruche detail going down the front. It is so smart. It keeps it from wrinkling! Love that! We are opposites. I am always hot. It drives my husband crazy!

    I was trying to see if I could spot Oscar hiding somewhere. How does Oscar like the snow?

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar likes snow but he gets cold pretty easily, which is unfortunate. We do a ton of backcountry skiing and he can only join us if it's warm which doesn't happen very often but is really great exercise for him. It's fun to watch him floundering through deep snow banks.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful color! I love how you paired it with black and white to make it really stand out. The ruching is so neat!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I kind of feel like I took the lazy way out with this outfit... black and white go with everything.

      Delete
  4. cute skirt! love the bold cobolt blue color. Don't worry, if I was cold all the time, I'd rock wool too! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It will eventually be warm enough to shed the woolly layers... maybe sometime around mid-June. Ha.

      Delete
  5. Ah, I love this looks - that skirt is something special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm happy with the skirt... it was a great find on sale.

      Delete