Sunday, June 15, 2014

Blue Dandelions

It kind of feels like summer has come early.  Well, it did earlier this week when it was sunny and warm and we had dinner on the patio in the backyard.  Of course, just in time for the weekend, the weather has turned grey and cold. 

I'm going to be away for 4 weeks during the summer so I'm trying to make use of my summer dresses now.  I love summer dressing... it's so easy to put on a dress, add a few accessories and go.  This blue sundress is one of my favourites.  I bought it the summer that I "discovered" Anthropologie.

Dress: Strappy Dandelion Dress, Anthropologie
Belt: Slim Bow Belt, Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West (similar)
Necklace: Peacock Fairy, from a giveaway on Gnomelover
I really love the details on the back of the dress.  Still not sure about the hem though, which feels really short in the back because of how it's cut on an angle.


I won the beautiful necklace that I'm wearing from a giveaway on a blog I read pretty much every day, Gnomelover.  It was made by the lovely and stylish Heather who blogs at The Peacock Fairy.  She also has a wonderful Etsy shop with many beautiful treasures.  I really like her collars.


Do you have any favourite summer outfits?

8 comments:

  1. Beautful! The necklace looks so pretty on you! I love it paired with the blue. That dress is so good on you. And the back?! It is lovely. Where do you get to go for four weeks? That sounds fun and exciting. What will you do with Oscar? Going away can be tricky with pets. It used to be a nightmare for us, but thankfully I have a friend who stays at our house with the dogs now. Murphy is too crazy to kennel and he would be turned away at the doggie daycares because of his dominance issues. Anyway, sorry to be boring! I love your outfit! : )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the flowers on my dress would pair nicely with the flowers in the necklace. Thank you so much for sending it my way, Jenni.

      I'm going to Tanzania for 4 weeks. We have a house guest who is staying through until the end of September so he is responsible for taking care of Oscar, our 2 cats and the vegetable patch.

      I didn't realize that Murphy has dominance issues. Oscar has always been fearful and has recently gone through a phase where he deals with that by acting out very aggressively. We are trying really hard to rain him out of it.

      Thanks for the comments (and you are not boring! Ever!)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning that gorgeous necklace! I love how you styled it with your blue dress. Wow - that back is so pretty!
    I tend to wear skirts in the summer. I find them to be the easiest and coolest. Plus, I always feel so girly in them.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I get the email from Gnomelover. I've never won on a giveaway before!

      I like skirts too... but that requires me to think about a top to wear. And often summer makes me lazy.

      Delete
  3. I love that dress on you. Summer dresses are so comfortable and I look forward to wearing them when the weather gets a little warmer. Spring weather is still not warm enough for me for a dress.
    That necklace is really pretty with the dress.
    Have a great afternoon,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel like we get very limited warm weather here so I'll take any excuse to wear a dress...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's what initially sold me on the dress.

      Delete