Friday, June 6, 2014

More sale reviews

Sorry for the long delay between posts.  Work has been crazy!

I did find 20 minutes to pop into the local Anthropologie store.  Unfortunately, I'm not quite as efficient as Jenni over at Gnomelover.  She managed an amazing number of reviews in the same amount of time.  You should have a look at her most recent reviews if you haven't already checked them out.

Despite the bevy of beautiful markdowns online this week, the pickings at my Anthropologie sale room were slim.

I tried on this dress, which caught my eye on the website months ago.  I love the colours, and the silhouette is flattering.  It fits true to size. There are lots of cute details with this dress too, like a crinoline to give the skirt some shape and a soft lining.  But the back of the dress is baffling.  There is a fabric flap that hangs over the shoulders, and it sticks out on either side like wings.  (You can see them in the picture under my right armpit.)  Do not understand.

I can't find the name of this dress online.  Anyone?

I also tried on the Carissima Sheath, which is not on sale but has been getting rave reviews online.  I found a 00P on the last chance rack.  I'm not a 00P but figured I would try it on to get an idea of how my size might look.  The online reviews are correct.  This is a beautiful dress with lots of unique details.  It's made of a lacy, delicate sheath with strategically placed panels.  There is a nude slip underneath, the straps of which are connected to the dress so that they stay put.  The black ribbon belt is a nice contrast although I would probably swap in one of my own belts instead.  The 00P almost fit, which makes me think that this dress probably runs true to size.  It was a bit tight around the upper thighs, but I noticed some extra fabric around the hips especially in the back (I do have mild Asian flat butt syndrome though).  Overall, a beautiful dress and I might consider ordering it off the website with my birthday discount next month....

Carissima sheath
And that's all I managed in 20 minutes.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out! I appreciate that. I do not know why I take my clothes off so quickly. Maybe this is not such a good thing. ; ). That Carissima Sheath is stunning on you. I feel like that size is perfect for you. When is your birthday? Are you a Cancer like me?

    The flaps on the first dress? It would be so lovely without them. I don't know the name of it. I usually just ignore dresses without sleeves. Gotta get back to watching my kid play in the ocean!

    Thank you again! : )

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Cancer too! My birthday is the first week of July.

      Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

      Delete
  2. From this view the flaps look like a little red cape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cape... wings... arm flaps... Not good.

      Delete
  3. Oh Liana! That Carissma Shift looks so beautiful on you! That is definitely a birthday dress! The other dress is lovely too but I do not understand that piece of fabric sticking out! LOL Thank you for the reviews!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours on the nameless dress so it's too bad.

      I've already seen the Carissima dress sell out once so I'm not sure if I'll regret it if I wait.

      Delete
  4. These two dresses look really nice on you. You accomplished more than I could in 20 min! (I've discovered I actually really hate shopping.)

    I am definitely not afflicted with Asian flat butt syndrome...I have butt to spare! It's an issue for a lot of clothes, especially sheath dresses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. I'm surprised to find out that you hate shopping... but I sympathize with you. It makes me really tired.

      Delete
  5. Those dresses look great on you. Is that fabric flap one of those things that you can hook your bra to? That may be the reason for the flaps or they are added so the dress can hang on the store hangers and are meant to be cut out later on?
    Anyway, I would wish list those dresses.
    Have a great day,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I have a hard time taking pictures of the back, but the flap is kind of like a mini cape all the way across the back. I've definitely wish listed the Carissima sheath!

      Delete
  6. The Carissima Sheath looks beautiful on you! The lace details are so elegant and ladylike. It's definitely on my wish list for sale time. Anthro, mark it down already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi liana, may i know your measurements (bust, waist and hip)? i am an asian and not so familiar with american sizing, also i won't be able to return the goods if the size is not right, so i figure it out it's best to read reviews from the customers but many of the did not put their body measurements.

    thank you! oh and it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frida! I am 5'7" and my measurements are 32", 26", 34". I usually take a size 0 or XS in most brands at Anthro.

      Delete