Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reviews: Anthro's tag sale

Anthropologie is having a huge tag sale this week.  I've decided not to order off the website anymore though after paying $75 duty on a $280 order, so my only option was to see what was available in store.

I tried on this dress.  There was only one left and it was in fairly poor condition, with some of the blossoms coming unstitched.  My camera doesn't portray the colour accurately, and it was actually more of an orangey pink.  The dress is fit and flare, fits true to size and drapes nicely.  The sweetheart neckline is a little bit plunging in the front and you'd have to be careful about which bra you wear underneath.  I gave this one a pass because of the damaged overlay.

Stitched Blossom Dress

Next, I tried on this skirt.  Again, my iPhone 3 is not the most accurate tool out there.  This skirt is a very vibrant and beautiful green, kind of like astroturf green.  I'm wearing it with a sheer blue tank with a tie at the neck that was way too voluminous and sheer.  Sorry, I didn't feel like posting photos of my bra online.

The skirt was also ridiculously voluminous.  The ponte material is very stiff, and I wish I'd taken a photo of the skirt standing upright on the floor by itself after I took it off.  It definitely is a bell skirt.  I'd love to compensate for having Asian flat butt syndrome, but not to this extent! Definitely a pass.

Ponte Bell Skirt


Did you buy anything from the Tag sale?

Edited to add: I forgot to share what I actually did end up buying.  These glasses! There is also a cat version, which might be of interest to Cynthia and Marcy, except that no cats would ever degrade themselves by doing tricks.

Paw Print Juice Glasses

9 comments:

  1. Those glasses are so cute. I cannot buy anything hand washable. I have to throw things in the dishwasher. I bought the cutest giraffe and animal glasses from Anthro once and after two washings in the dishwasher, the pattern was gone. This was about seven years ago, though. Please let me know how these hold up. I have been scared to try their glasses like that again. But I hope they have changed! I love sweet whimsical glasses. Yours are so cute.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The website claims these are machine washable. I ended up taking them to the cabin and we don't have a dishwasher there so hopefully this pattern is safe. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  2. So weird. It deleted my comment about the skirt! I had a long paragraph before the glasses. Anyway, thank you for the reviews! I love that skirt! I have it in black. I have huge hips so I appreciate that it makes my waist look tiny and hides my hips in the skirt. I just bought that skirt on a popback in green, so I hope I like it just as much as the black! That orange dress is so pretty on you. What a bummer about the flaws.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green colour is gorgeous... I think you will love it. I would love to see how you style it. Have you had any posts with the black skirt?

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to Anthro in ages, but you know, I didn't receive a birthday discount this year or an invite to a birthday event. So boo to them. But the glasses are super cute, maybe I should buy one to keep my makeup brushes in.

    I have that skirt in the striped version...I love it, but the volume can be a little overwhelming. And yes, you're right, it does stand up by itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email them! Last year I didn't get a birthday discount either but they mailed it to me after I contacted them. Also gave me an extra month to use it.

      You're right... I was overwhelmed by the volume. I'd love to see how you style the striped version.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I hear you on the fees! I've mostly given up on ordering online to Canada, since I even get charged for $50 packages now by Canada Post (I guess they are on to me!) Unfortunately my store gets such small shipments by the time I decide I want something they are sold out. boo. I love that stitched blossom dress- the colour looks great!

    I always check out the 'last in store' rack to see what delightful items have been returned from online...but there hasn't been much for me this tag sale. maybe when there's an extra percentage off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize you were Canadian... just hopped over to your blog and followed you. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Liana!!! Can you believe that I missed these?! Thank you for pointing them out (and giving me a little shout out)! Maybe they will pop up in the store.

    I am back to normal after my play closes on Saturday and will be more up to date with blogging. It occurred to me after I saw that you posted this on Sunday that I don't get updates from you so I am going to put you on my blogroll. Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete