Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Uniform

This is probably my go-to outfit when I'm not sure what to wear. Skirt, neutral shirt, cardigan, flat shoes.

Cardigan: Anthropologie, Kay cardigan
Shirt: Banana Republic, (similar)
Skirt: Anthropologie, Songbird skirt
Shoes: Puma, very old
Random anecdote: we live in a pretty touristy area, and a few days ago, my husband was outside BBQing when a van drove straight onto our lawn at a 90 degree angle to the road. As my husband stood there, gawking, a woman popped out of the driver's side and trilled: "Don't worry, it's just me!"

She came over with an address scrawled on a piece of paper. My husband helpfully gave her directions.  She hopped back into her car and then proceeded to back out onto the road. She drove forward a few feet, then reversed onto our lawn, performed a three point turn and then drove away.

My husband came into the house and told me that a Korean woman had just driven across our lawn. I asked him how he knew she was Korean, and he told me that there was Korean writing on the piece of paper. Of course, I had to test him. I found an image on google of Korean, Japanese and Chinese writing all on the same page and asked him if it was Korean, Japanese and Chinese. To my surprise, he told me he thought all three were on the same page. In my husband's words: "Chinese writing looks complicated, Japanese writing is swoopy, and Korean has lots of circles."

Anyway, I think I could probably run a weekly column based solely on things that tourists have said to my husband (with the first post being the Sasquatch Teat post I shared a few weeks ago here.)

And possibly, I could also run a weekly column on ways my husband has outsmarted me.

6 comments:

  1. That skirt is so pretty! Great uniform! I have one too - jeans, a tshirt and a blazer. It's funny how we all gravitate towards some kind of uniform.
    Yes on more things tourists have said to your husband. Both stories were interesting and I'd love to hear more.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      We'll have to see what this weekend brings but I'll post another story if one comes up.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the songbird skirt and the way you styled it. It looks so fresh and beautiful. That story is so funny. Did she hurt your yard? Where was she going? That is funny but also kind of rude. You should write that column. I would definitely read it! I still have to write my post for tomorrow but I am so so so tired from a long day at the doctors I do not know if I have it in me.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yard was fine, fortunately. She was looking for a hotel.

      I hope everything went ok at the doctor's.

      Delete
  3. Liana how do I follow your blog so I do not miss a post? I do not see it.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only way right now is to add it on blogger. I will have to look into finding an easier way to follow. Any suggestions?

      Delete