Tuesday, August 12, 2014

High-low

I've seen this colour referred to as mint, but I always think of it as seafoam green. And then I end up thinking about the 1970s...

My hair is already starting to grow out. I'm really appreciating the shorter length in the summer! It takes me under 10 minutes to get ready in the morning. My hair tends to be poofier and less angular than when my stylist did it a few weeks ago, but I'm still pretty happy with the style.

This is entirely different from what happened when I last made a major change to my hair back in high school. I brought in a photo of a boyish pixie cut and got a nervous feeling in my stomach when the stylist glanced at it briefly and said: "Don't worry! I know exactly what you want!"

30 minutes later, my hair was maybe 3 inches long and kind of mullet like. You know, the classic high-low hairdo. It was so short in areas that there was nothing to be done to fix it. I went home and cried myself to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I looked at myself in the mirror and started crying again.

While I'm not a fan of high-low hair, I like high-low hems!

Shirt: Anthropologie, Tiny (similar)
Skirt: Plen+y, old (similar in blue)
Sandals: Nine West, similar
Necklace: Peacock Fairy


A very nerdy action shot!

8 comments:

  1. Mint, seafoam, turquoise, all part of a colour palette I love. :) The high-low looks great on you and love the action shot! I too once had a mullet haircut, but that's because I was trying to grow out a short cut. I had to cut off length I'd grown just to even it out and avoid the dreaded mullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Thanks, I'm glad you appreciated the action shot.

      Delete
  2. Pretty pretty outfit! Love the blue detail of the shirt against the mint skirt!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The embroidery on the shirt is actually black. I will have to check if my computer's colour profile is correct!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I think I own that skirt. But it was from Modcloth and it was called something else, but I swear it is the same. I plan on styling mine in the fall. I love the shirt you paired with your skirt. The whole outfit is my favorite ever. And your photos are lovely. You look beautiful.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I remember seeing your outfit post with this skirt and thinking that I had the exact same one. Looking forward to seeing how you style your skirt for fall.

      Delete
  4. That outfit is beautiful and the skirt is such a lovely color. I agree that a high low skirt is much better than a high low haircut.
    That story is too funny and it's great that you can laugh at it now.
    Have a nice day,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! It's bohemian and elegant and oh-so-pretty. I love the combination of the mint, white, and navy. It's a color combo that I think could work for any season.

    What a nightmare haircut, though! I like that you learned a valuable lesson, though. lol Yes to high-low hems. No to high-low haircuts.

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete