Monday, October 20, 2014

More hound, less frock?

I haven't had many pictures of Oscar on the blog lately. He is 2 years old now and still has boundless energy. It's almost impossible to get him to stay still. Jeff took these photos at the end of the day after a long bike ride.

He's a pretty good dog. Early on, he destroyed two pairs of my shoes but he has quickly learned just to chew on his dog toys. He loves to swim, and we've found that to be one of the best ways to make him burn lots of energy. Weimaraners are often bred as hunting dogs, so we were a bit cautious about bringing him into a household with two cats. Luckily, he is very gentle with them and will even try to play with them.




6 comments:

  1. He is so beautiful! I love those pictures! That green goes perfectly with his coloring. Ollie destroyed so many chair legs when he was a puppy. And the bottom of our bookcases still have the remnants of his chewing. I love that he is so sweet with the cats. I do not think our dogs would be so good.

    He even has a beautiful nose!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're reminding me of those sharp puppy teeth days... Oscar destroyed our porch steps in the backyard.

      Delete
  2. Awwwww.... what a sweetheart! And such a beauty. So happy that he lives in harmony with the cats. Our cats are much more destructive than your dog. For example, Marcy likes to chew holes in my sweaters if I forget and leave one out.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I've never had any problems with my cats destroying things.

      Delete
  3. Awwww, what a sweet baby! These are great photographs. Jazzy is 9 now, so we laugh whenever people ask if she's still a puppy. No, just rambunctious and crazy. She used to have a taste for shoes as well, but luckily, like Oscar, she seems to have gotten over this. I bought a pair of knee-high leather boots from Naturalizer back in college. They were $250 and miraculously fit my calves. I planned on wearing them for life. Several years later, Jazzy came into the picture. And one evening I found her downstairs, cuddling my boot, with shreds of leather all over the floor. Another $75 later, a local cobbler was able to repair them. But nothing could repair my trust in Jazzy. lol

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weimaraners are the same! They act like puppies until they're in the double digits. I am sad to hear about your boots. Glad they could be fixed though!

      Delete