Saturday, October 11, 2014

Still more reviews...

Lots of markdowns this past week! Also, in case you missed it, Anthropologie is running a free shipping over $150 promotion as well as a 15% off full-priced dresses offer. 

I tried on this long, sleeveless cardigan. It's made of a delicate knit fabric and the pattern inside is black and white stripes. You could also wear it inside out if you took the tags off. It seemed comfy and laid-back but with fall and winter coming, I need sleeves.  

Carriere cardigan
Next, I tried on the Aven Dress by Tracey Reese. There are three colour schemes on the website, including this one in green, a black and white motif and a solid orange version. It's quite low cut in the front, and I'm wearing a tank underneath. It is made of a soft, drapey jersey fabric and fits true to size. The ties at the waist are not long enough to tie in a double knot or bow. I think this would look cute with tights and a cardigan.
 
Aven dress
I also tried on the Lavendel dress. I fell in love with this dress after seeing it on Cynthia and Marcy's blog. The pattern is very cute, with big splashes of colour and polka dots. The hips are poofy but in a good way. It's strapless, but there is a built-in bra that makes it feel secure and supportive. Just as a heads up, this dress is dry clean only. I found it fit true-to-size.

Lavendel dress
This shirt comes in a few colours including grey, blue and green. It ties up with a bow in the back, as the name would suggest. It's made of cotton, but I found the fabric kind of stiff and stretchy. It does hang nicely though. The details are printed on the shirt rather than embroidered.

Brilliant Bowknot Tee
Here's what I ended up taking home, which is quite different from my usual style. I think I liked the orangey red with blue polka dots because it reminds me of a dress my mom used to wear in the 1970s (but in a good way). I just wish that the pattern lined up at the seams! It fits true-to-size, and it has pockets. The fabric is sturdy and I think the colour will transition well to fall and winter. I wore it to work this week with a cardigan. Unfortunately, I think between Monday and now it has sold out as I can't find the name anywhere on the website.


With it being Thanksgiving in Canada and Columbus Day in the U.S., there are lots of good sales this weekend. Are you on hunt for anything in particular?

8 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in Lavendel! Thank you so much for the shout out (again) and for letting me know the dress went on sale. I have decided that it is still too expensive and that if it gets a cut down to $30 I will buy it. It's a fun dress but I really have no where to wear it so I can't justify getting it.
    That polka dot dress is amazing! No wonder you snapped it up!
    Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Cynthia. I love pretty dresses... just wish I had more places to wear them. But Deniz had a nice post with the Lavendel dress this week and I think she wore to classes... maybe she has the right idea about not saving the pretty things for a special occasion.

      Delete
  2. That third dress is so stunning and unique! I haven't seen many Thanksgiving sales here actually...thanks for reminding me that I need to look harder!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you found some good sales!

      Delete
  3. You wear that sheath so well! That is not a silhouette that works on my body, so I sadly have to pass them over while shopping. The fun dot print on this one definitely caught my eye when I was flipping through the catalog, though! I think the fit is perfect on you, and the color scheme is so great for fall.

    I also love the Lavendel Dress on you. I too saw it on Cynthia's blog. It fits like a dream, and it's such a whimsical print. You know I love that! And I also like the knit dress in the green print. It's a different sort of pattern that looks part abstract/graphic and part watercolor. Very hip but still pretty.

    Thanks for these reviews! November is one of my big Anthro shopping months. I shop for family and friends for the holidays, and I shop a little for me, too. I'm excited for my next trip in!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I'm really happy with the dress. Hope you find something amazing next time you go shopping!

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to Anthropologie in so long, I don't know what's there anymore, and even if it's not my favourite store anymore, I always appreciate seeing pieces on other people. The polka-dot sheath is super-cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to know what your favourite store is now?

      Delete