Monday, November 3, 2014

Assiniboine and Lake Magog

I can't resist sharing more photos from our trip to Assiniboine Provincial Park. It is one of the most stunning places I've ever visited.

We camped along the west side of Lake Magog. We brought beef bourguignon stew for dinner, along with a bottle of wine and it was so delicious after a long day of hiking. I always sleep well when camping. There is something magical about falling asleep in the cool night air with the stars overhead and the sounds of the forest. A word of advice: do not keep any food or anything strongly scented in your tent! One camper had his tent tipped over by a grizzly bear the week before we arrived; he had left snacks in his tent. 

Mt Assiniboine is often referred to as "the Matterhorn of the Rockies" because of its distinctive shape. It was first climbed in 1901 and there are several routes to the summit. 

Mt Assiniboine reflected in the waters of Lake Magog



Outfit details:
Dress: Anthropologie, Sweetwater Dress
Belt: Smart Set, old
Shoes: Nine West, old
Do you have a favourite place to visit?


13 comments:

  1. So beautiful. You look stunning. You are also Superwoman! Oh my gosh! I get nervous thinking about camping! A grizzly bear! Yikes! That camper is lucky. Beef stew sounds so yummy especially the way you described it in the wilderness after hiking. I am so glad you purchased that dress. It is perfect on you!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenni. My husband thinks I am too blase about grizzly bears. I guess I feel like I have lived in this area my whole life and never had a dangerous encounter with a bear.

      Delete
  2. Sweetwater looks so beautiful on you and is the perfect dress for the backdrop!!! So stunning!
    I would not be able to sleep for fear of bears. Just thinking about it makes me nervous.
    I think it is so wonderful that hiking and camping is something that you and your hubby love doing together. It really is so special.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia!

      I think bears are fascinating. But I definitely would never want to be attacked by one.

      I'm very lucky to have found my husband. He really is my perfect match.

      Delete
  3. the place looks beautiful, and the dress really fits the scene! such serenity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more beautiful in real life, I think. Definitely one of my favourite places.

      Delete
  4. I love that dress on you and what a beautiful spot for pictures.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. Amazing photos! I wish I had that kind of backdrop for outfit pictures...maybe I'd actually do more....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a shame that I don't take advantage of the stunning scenery around here more often.

      I do really like the view from your balcony, though. And I love the photos you've shared of Toronto.

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful, Liana! You make it sound so romantic too! Hiking through the mountains with the snowcaps towering in the distance. Cool, crisp air and panoramic views. Settling down with the ultimate in French comfort food for dinner. And topped off with a bottle of red wine. It sounds like perfection to me!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! It was very romantic. Initially, we were planning to have our wedding at this location! It's difficult to access though (almost 30 km walking or a helicopter ride, and one of my bridesmaids was terrified of helicopters).

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete