Sunday, November 30, 2014

Outfit: California desert

I know, I know. I'm shocked too! Two jeans outfit posts in a row.

On our first trip to the Bishop area, we were delighted to find a guidebook called "Touring Hot Springs: California and Nevada". We've since been to five different hot springs in the Bishop area. We took these photos on the way to one of the hot springs. I'm not sure if it was the Sheepherder or the Crab Cooker. We got lost on the way, which is easy to do on the dirt roads that criss cross the desert.

I did not take any photos of the hot spring. It was a concrete tub that was coated with algae. If that sounds gross, it really kind of was. The only redeeming thing was that the water was very hot. I've been to other hot springs that were better maintained.  

I coerced my husband into taking these photos after we got out of the hot tub, which is why my hair looks extra crazy.




Outfit details:
Shirt: Topoxte Dropwaist Tunic, Anthropologie
Jeans: American Eagle, (similar)
Shoes: Naturalizer (similar)
Sunglasses: Oakley

10 comments:

  1. Oh I so love your travel/outfit posts! Love love love!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surreal! It looks like such a isolated and peaceful escape. Hope you are enjoying Cali! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love California and was sad to leave. I would love to spend a winter in Bishop!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. It looks like where I grew up. I love that tunic on you. Husbands are the best photographers. : ). You look so pretty. I do not think I could have gotten in that hot spring. Were there other people there? I love seeing how adventurous you and your husband are. It is inspiring!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband takes awesome photos... albeit reluctantly.

      There were some people camping in a van at the hot springs, but I guess the hot springs ettiquette is to give people privacy while they're in the tub so we had it to ourselves.

      Delete
  4. these photos are beautiful, the sky is amazing! and your top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love blue skies and sunshine...

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to go a hot spring. But maybe not the Sheepherder or Crab Cooker after hearing about your experience...lol. The algae would probably make my skin crawl.

    At least you have the experience, skin-crawling flesh memories and all! And these photos in the desert are gorgeous. That last one with your back turned is so pretty. The perfect backdrop! I love the print on that top and the pops of red in your outfit. It makes you stand out against the desert hues!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The algae was pretty gross. Skin crawling is a good description!

      I'm lucky that the sky that day was so perfect and beautiful.

      Delete