Friday, November 21, 2014

Plaid in California

My husband and I just came back from a quick trip to California. We spent some time in Tahoe, which was new for both of us, and then headed down to Bishop. We spent part of our honeymoon in Bishop 6 years ago, and it was our first time back there together. It was also Jeff's 40th birthday, so we had lots of reasons to celebrate.

Along the way, we stopped at Mono Lake. It's a salty, alkaline lake that almost disappeared in the 1970s due to water from the Owens River being diverted to Los Angeles. Thanks to conservation efforts, the lake is now protected and the water levels are rising.

We didn't spend much time by the lake. We had just driven through a small blizzard, the sun was setting, and it was windy and cold! The tufas by the lake are amazing though, and I'd love to go back on a warmer day.



Outfit details:
Jacket: bought in London, UK 4 years ago (similar)
Shirt: Jacob, old (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (similar by Michael Kors) (similar on sale, buy 1 get 50% off)
Boots: Frye Paige studded (black or brown both available)
Scarf: bought in Nepal

9 comments:

  1. It looks cold but beautiful! Liana, I just don't understand how you always look so chic in the cold weather. I tend to look like a homeless person when it's cold out. And a blizzard? Forget it? I'd be hunkered down in my oversized ratty fleece sweatshirt with a scowl on my face. Love that jacket!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess I have lots of practice dressing for cold weather. Although, I bought this jacket partly because I underestimated how cold it would be in London when I lived there for a winter...

      Delete
  2. beautiful photos! www.itsonwithallegra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be checking out your blog!

      Delete
  3. You look so beautiful! This outfit is so good. I am loving that jacket. Is that Mono Lake or Lake Tahoe behind you? It is gorgeous. Happy Birthday to your husband! I hope we get more pictures from the trip. That sounds fun. My husband and I want to get away soon, but I am having a hard time pinning him down to a date and a place.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's Mono Lake. I don't have many photos of Tahoe. It rained almost all of our time there. We ended up leaving early.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to him! And happy honeymoon throw-back to you both! Your scenic photos are always so gorgeous. They make you look wind-swept and wistful and so romantic. I need to find me a setting sun, rocky shore, and swaying grass!

    Your outfit reminds me of something I just wore to Mammoth Cave. I wore jeans, lace-up boots, a green army jacket, and a red plaid scarf. I felt so rustic. Seeing you look so rugged and romantic in these photos makes me hope I look similarly rustic-chic in mine!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the kind words. They made my day. I had to laugh about looking "windswept". There was recently a discussion on another blog about Photoshop. Apparently many bloggers will photoshop out stray hairs... I don't have the time for that! I do seem to take lots of photos on windy days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning pictures! You look like you belong in an Anthro catalog. Love the mix of the scenery and your outdoorsy look-so beautiful and romantic!

    ReplyDelete