Saturday, January 24, 2015

Outfit: Parque del Buen Retiro

I had lots of plans to take outfit photos in pretty dresses while I was in Spain, but the weather was not quite as balmy as I'd been hoping although it was pleasant when the sun was out. I ended up dressing for warmth most days. Also, we took these photos the day that we rented the electric assist bikes and pants were more practical.

The Parque del Buen Retiro was one of my favourite spots in Madrid. It is full of tree-lined paths, fountains, playgrounds, art galleries and a pond with boats. It is a very popular spot for tourists and locals.



Outfit details:
Sweater: Banana Republic (caution, sleeves run short!)
Jeans: American Eagle
Scarf: from Nepal
Coat: Banana Republic, Charcoal Wool Trench Coat
Purse: Chloe, Small Marcie (lots of colours, including black, red, green)
Boots: Stuart Weitzman, Lowland Boots

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures anyway, even if they're not the dresses you were hoping for! That wool trench is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky our winter has been pretty mild so I've been getting lots of use out of the coat. It's too thin for a normal Canadian winter, I think.

      Delete
  2. Love the travel photos! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you are having a great day!

      Delete
  3. I especially love that last photo of you on the the tree lined street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Madrid was such a pretty city. I loved it.

      Delete
  4. I love those jeans on you. They are fabulous! What a beautiful spot. It just looks like something from a painting. It reminds me of that scene from "Mary Poppins" in the park. Just lovely. I am so glad that you had pretty weather! I bet Oscar is so glad that you are home!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to rewatch Mary Poppins. I have only the vaguest memories of it despite watching it many times as a little kid.

      The best thing about these jeans? They're mid rise. Love that I don't have to keep pulling them up.

      Delete