Saturday, February 14, 2015

Outfit: Lavendel and the Many Faces of Oscar

Valentine's Day seems to be a big event in the fashion community if my Instagram and blog feed are anything to go by. There were so many lovely outfits throughout the week. I've really enjoyed seeing them.

My husband and I had reservations for our favourite restaurant. We had the tasting menu. My husband's favourite course was a scallop with corn fritters. I loved the ravioli with slow-cooked pork ragu. The main courses (salmon for me and filet mignon for my husband) were excellent too.

I thought the bright colours and polka dots of this dress were a good choice for Valentine's Day. The fit and flare silhouette is romantic, too. I paired the dress with a leather jacket and booties for a bit of an edge.


If you are wondering what the fluffy thing to my left is, it's a cat toy. You're welcome.

Oscar is actually part robot, in case you didn't know.
My husband thinks we look like we're dancing in this photo. I can't decide if Oscar is enraged or horrified.
"Ok, are we done yet?"

Outfit details:
Jacket: Burberry (similar)
Dress: Anthropologie, Lavendel Dress
Shrug: Smart Set, very old (similar)
Tights: Target
Booties: Browns (similar)
Necklace: gift from a friend, very old
Purse: Sophie Hulme, Twin Keyhole Clutch Shoulder Bag, sold out (similar)
How was your Valentine's Day?

14 comments:

  1. Squeeeee! This is adorable! And I love that the photos unfold like an onion...we have you in the dress with a sweet little cardi. Then we have just the dress and you looking saucy and chic. And then we have the moto jacket layered over the top for an edgy-fem look! Such a fun and fanciful outfit for Valentine's Day.

    I've really loved scrolling through my feed and seeing all of the different outfits, too. I suppose it's the most exciting "get dressed up" holiday we'll have for awhile, huh? I can't see St. Patrick's Day being quite as fashionable. No doubt there'll be more real time drunk photos that later mysteriously disappear from people's feeds though. And that's something exciting to look forward to! lol

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. You're right that there are not a lot of fashionable holidays coming up for the next little while... Easter maybe? That makes me think of pastels and flowers.

      Delete
  2. Pretty!!! and love how you wore black leather jacket over it!! Your dog is such a beauty. The outfit totally matches him!! The photo of you and Oscar sitting.. "Nobody mess with my girl" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ha ha. I love your interpretation of his expression in the last photo.

      Delete
  3. You look sooooo beautiful in Lavendel! I had no idea you purchased it. I was dreaming over it forever and ended up with the Zelda instead. Now I want Lavenedel too! Great styling,Liana!! And that Oscar is such a cutie! You do look like you are dancing!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If it pops back it's only $69.95 which would be a great deal. I love, love, love the Zelda dress on you. I think it is more versatile than the Lavendel, too.

      Delete
  4. I tried on this dress and so badly wanted it to work for me. I was too worried about a possible wardrobe malfunction in the end.

    This looks fantastic on you and perfect for when you're dancing with your dog! LOL

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like how this dress has a built in bra... feels a bit more secure than most strapless dresses.

      Actually, Oscar is not a very good dancing partner. He likes to punch me in the face and stick his paws inside my top.

      Delete
  5. Sexy! I love the dress with the leather jacket! I also loved it with that gorgeous raspberry shrug. You look stunning! That food sounds so good! I skipped our date night but now I am aching to go out. Maybe this weekend. Oscar is adorable and I had no idea that you had a cat! Where is it and what is its name?!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thank you, Jenni! I liked the sound of your Valentine's Day too. Sometimes it's fun to get dressed up and go out, and sometimes I like to stay at home in my pajamas, open a bottle of wine and destroy my husband at Carcassonne or Dominion.

      We have two cats. They are sisters. Their names are Wonsoongi (Korean for "monkey") and Gangpae ("rascal"). Wonsoongi will be in my next outfit post.

      Delete
  6. Those pictures with Oscar are adorable! How cute is he and you of course. I love what you did with this dress. The jacket is very sharp looking and the little red cardigan added a Valentines kick.
    Sounds like you had the perfect Valentines Day,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did have a very nice Valentine's Day. I hope you did too!

      Delete
  7. That dress is adorable, and love the leather jacket with it! And Oscar makes a great accessory. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope the weather warms up for you soon!

      Delete