Saturday, August 29, 2015

An Oldie, but a Goodie

As I've mentioned several times on this blog, it's been a long time since I bought anything at Anthropologie. Rising prices, declining quality and uninspiring designs are the main reasons why my Anthro obsession has faded.

I bought this dress in 2012. I fell in love with the pretty, romantic red colour, the feminine details like the ruffles and the tie-neck. Plus it's silk! On sale, I'm pretty sure it was $119 or something similar. If it pops back, the price listed is $9.99 which would be amazing. This is the type of dress that I would love to see Anthropologie offer again...

Yesterday, I pulled it out of the closet for a date with my husband at the Trough. With the ruffles and the tie-neck, I felt like it didn't need any accessorizing. I paired it with simple grey suede pumps.

The Trough is our favourite restaurant in Canmore. The food is amazing and the service is always without fault. There are other restaurants in Canmore which also have good food but the service is often slow and lackluster.

The best part of the meal: dessert. I love sticky toffee pudding!
Outfit details: Anthropologie, Ruffled Oska Dress
Shoes: Nine West, old (similar)

7 comments:

  1. OMG! You look so lovely, and I can't believe that that's $10! I've never shopped at Anthropologie because I feel that there are other stores of the like that offer much cheaper items for about the same kind of quality or better. Nonetheless, I do enjoy browsing through their shops for inspirations!

    xoxo,
    WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
    INSTAGRAM
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree that $10 would be pretty amazing!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dress! I love how it cascades over your hips - such a perfect fit! I agree that a dress like this doesn't require much in terms of accessories. There are so many special touches that keep the eye bouncing around to take it all in. I finally stopped into Anthro a week or so ago, and after a disappointing 40 minutes in the fitting room, walked away with a Capri Blue candle and Paris travel guide. lol Their holiday collection is always my favorite, so I'm holding out hope for November!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! At least you got a candle and a travel guide. Will you be going to Paris soon?

      Delete
  3. So pretty! You will have that dress for years and years! I feel like the last couple of times I've been in Anthro that it is starting to get slightly better. Slightly. The need to leap ahead instead of taking such baby steps though!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news. I haven't been into the store for almost 2 months now.

      Delete
  4. Sorry it's been so long since I have commented. I'm gradually getting back to my favorite blogs!
    This dress is gorgeous and I'm surprised I have never seen it. You are right about the jewelry because the bow and ruffle is enough jewelry for it.
    I understand what you mean about the silk, but I am afraid to wash it, even on cold with wool-lite. I washed a vintage 80's blouse and it came out so wrinkled. I do have old Anthropologie dresses just hanging in my closet, like the one with teacups, that I just don't reach for because of the silk, aka dry clean only.
    I love it when bloggers bring out the old Anthro clothes, or any old clothes.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete