Monday, December 21, 2015

Outfit: Christmas Party

My husband had his work Christmas party this past weekend. Luckily, our winter this year has been fairly mild (I mean it was -10 degrees celsius instead of -20!), so I felt like I could wear what I wanted instead of trying to keep warm.

I only had two Christmas parties to go to this year, my work party and my husband's. I actually enjoy going to Christmas parties. It's fun to see my work colleagues in a different context and get to know them better. And of course, I like getting dressed up.

I found this dress on The Real Real. The neckline is more plunging than I'm comfortable with so I put a bandeau top underneath. I love the embroidered flowers and the tulle skirt. 

I've had this Sophie Hulme purse for at least 2 years and it shows almost no signs of wear. It's on the smaller side but easily fits my phone, a lipstick and a cardholder. It's well-made and I love the distinctive details like the keyhole closure and the chain strap.




Outfit details:
Dress: Oscar de la Renta (similarsimilar)
Purse: Sophie Hulme (similar)
How many Christmas parties do you have to go to this year? Do you love them or hate them?

5 comments:

  1. If you hadn't mentioned putting the bandeau underneath the dress, I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't part of it. It's a lovely neckline, but I totally agree on your assessment that it's quite the plunge!

    My husband's company doesn't do a Christmas party, and my company does theirs in the new year. I usually love the parties, they turn out to be quite a good time. This year is a roaring 20's theme, so I have to find myself a flapper dress of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you find a flapper dress? Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Pretty dress!! But ackkkk - it's coooold up your way! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday! Happy Happy New Year!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... I spoke too soon. This week has been -20! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  3. This dress is absolutely stunning! It has an Oscar de la Renta vibe for sure. You always find the best dresses that look vintage, high-fashion, and super special. And I'm with you on opting for the bandeau. That neckline would be down to my belly button! lol But the bandeau looks like it's part of the dress. Such a stunning, lovely, and romantic look!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete